AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme application 2022/2023 | How to apply online.
The full details of AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 for Future Leaders from Africa (Fully-funded to Germany)
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme Application Form 2020
Applications for the AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme 2022/2023 are now open. AFRIKA KOMMT! is a capacity building programme that was initiated by German companies to foster German-African business relations. The fellowship programme comprises a one-year stay in Germany, including an 8-month practical training in a German company.
An Initiative of German Industry for Future Leaders from Africa. At the heart of the AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme is an eight-months practical training in a leading German enterprise benefiting both fellows and partner companies – a classic win-win situation:
The programme fellows benefit through:
- gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- becoming acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- extending their international management competencies
- initiating networks of cooperation partners between Africa and German companies
The partner companies benefit through:
- establishing networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in Africa
- extending their experience with the working and business culture in Africa
- improving their knowledge about cultures, markets, countries etc. in Africa
After seven completed programme years, a significant number of the participants now work in the branch office of their respective partner company in Africa. Others have opened their own businesses, work for multinational companies or international organisations.
Financed by the German partner companies, the capacity development programme AFRIKA KOMMT! consists of the following key components:
- One-month individual German language preparation course
- One-year stay in Germany comprising of:
- Two-months intensive German language course
- Eight-months internship in a German partner company
- Three one-week training modules on international management and leadership competencies
- One-week study tour in Germany on relevant subjects, e.g. “Digital Change”
- Weekend seminars on cultural and social subjects organised by the Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius in Hamburg
- Cultural weekend activities organised by GIZ
- Transfer phase after the stay in Germany with integration into the AFRIKA KOMMT! Alumni Network and its regional Alumni Clubs
- Refresher course in Germany or Africa, approx. 6-12 months after the stay in Germany, offering the former fellows to extend their networks with other alumni and to benefit mutually from their experiences.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme includes:
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (August, September and October 2020; July 2021)
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross
- Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
- Health, accident and liability insurance
- International management training courses
- Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany
- Refresher course in Germany or Africa, including management training
- Alumni networking activities
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship programme. Fellows will receive two certificates. One official certificate upon successful completion of the programme with a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training and one official certificate by the partner company upon successful completion of the internship. In addition, fellows will receive a certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH by successful completion of the professional training in the tool “International Competence Development Journal”.
Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibility requirements:
- Citizen of a country in Africa
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, the programme requires candidates to have the following set of general skills and attributes:
- Language and communication skills:
- Excellent English skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- Professional skills:
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
- Personal attributes:
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
- Outstanding intercultural competencies
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
Applications can only be submitted through the online application system. Applications by email are not accepted.
For more information, visit AFRIKA KOMMT!.
Deadline: January 10, 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship Programme, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.