UNOOSA application 2022/2023 | How to apply online.
The full details of UNOOSA application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
UNOOSA Fellowship Programme for “Drop Tower Experiment Series” (DropTES) 2022/2023
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the UNOOSA application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that UNOOSA application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of UNOOSA Application Form 2022/2023
Applications are open for the UNOOSA Fellowship Programme for “Drop Tower Experiment Series” (DropTES) 2022/2023. The Drop Tower Experiment Series is a fellowship programme of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) in which students can learn and study microgravity science by performing experiments in a drop tower.
The Bremen Drop Tower in Germany is a ground-based laboratory with a drop tube of a height of 146 meters, which can enable short microgravity experiments to be performed in various scientific fields, such as fluid physics, combustion, thermodynamics, material science and biotechnology.
In collaboration with the Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity (ZARM) and the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the fellowship programme offers a selected research team the opportunity to conduct its own microgravity experiments at the Bremen Drop Tower. The series of experiments will consist of four drops or catapult launches during which approximately 5 or 10 seconds of microgravity, respectively, are produced.
- The selected research team will be offered financial support exclusively for travel purposes. This may include the provision of most economical economy class round-trip air tickets between the participants’ international airport of departure and Bremen. En-route expenses or any changes made to the air tickets must be the responsibility of the participants.
- In this context it has to be noted that UNOOSA will not bear the expenses for the preparation, transport and shipping as well as insurance of the experiment. Funding to cover these costs must be obtained separately, through private means or through national or international institutions. Applicants and their respective entities are therefore strongly encouraged to find additional sources of sponsorship.
- The drops or catapult launches are sponsored by DLR Space Administration. The technical support provided by ZARM is included in those sponsored drops or catapult launches and therefore free of charge.
- For the stay of the student team in Bremen, ZARM will provide free of charge its on-site apartment at the drop tower facility, which has two separate rooms with two beds in each room, a bathroom, and a common kitchen. The ZARM apartment can accommodate up to four people.
- The academic supervisor (team leader) of the students will be accommodated in a nearby hotel, which shall be basically located in walking distance from the Bremen Drop Tower. Accommodation expenses for the stay of the academic supervisor will be covered by UNOOSA.
- The DropTES Fellowship Programme is open to research teams from entities that are Member States of the United Nations.
- Teams should consist of up to four Bachelor, Master and/or PhD students who must be endorsed by an academic supervisor.
- It is further required that the proposed experiment be an integral part of the students’ syllabuses, that is, part of a Bachelor thesis, a Master thesis, a PhD thesis, or another form of research project associated with the applicants’ studies at the respective university.
The fully completed the application form, properly endorsed by the applicant’s institution, should be emailed to [email protected] both in PDF format (.pdf) containing the signature page, and in MS WORD (.doc), no later than Janaury 31, 2020. Please note that the email accounts only accept emails with a size limit of up to 10 MB.
For more information, visit UNOOSA Fellowship.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the UNOOSA, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.