Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights application | How to apply online.
The full details of Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights 2022 for Nigerians (Fully-funded)
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights Application Form
The Irish Government invites applications for the 2022 Casement Fellowship in Human Rights. The Roger Casement fellowship has been established to honour the memory of the Irish human rights activist Roger Casement who spent some of his early working life in Calabar, Nigeria. He was an early advocate for human rights while in Nigeria, and, famously, during his later work in the Congo, the Amazon and in Ireland. With his humanitarian legacy in mind, it has been decided to support one Nigerian student to study a master’s degree in human rights in Ireland.
Under the Casement fellowship, full financial support is provided for one-year full-time post-graduate education for candidates from Nigeria to undertake a one year master’s level course of study in Human Rights in Ireland. The purpose of the Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme is to provide talented candidates with the opportunity to pursue advanced education and professional development in Ireland in order to contribute to the future development of Nigeria.
The Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme normally covers: return airfares, full tuition, stipends to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, health insurance and other allowances, in addition to the necessary entry arrangements such as medical examination and visa.
Candidates will need to have achieved the necessary educational standard to be accepted onto a Masters course in a Higher Education Institute in Ireland. In addition, there are a number of essential requirements to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- be a citizen of Nigeria and be residing in Nigeria
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a master’s level course of study in Human Rights
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience.
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Nigeria.
- be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- meet any relevant procedural requirements of Government of Nigeria.
- be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
An applicant will not be considered further in either of the following circumstances:
- They already hold a master’s qualification.
- They have applied for the Roger Casement Fellowship on two or more previous occasions without being awarded a fellowship. (Cases, where an applicant withdrew from the process previously, may be considered if there were exceptional or unforeseen circumstances for withdrawal in that instance).
- They are currently working, or it is anticipated that they will work in the future, at our embassies or at headquarters. Those personnel who have worked with any of our embassies/missions in the past must allow a full year before becoming eligible to apply for a fellowship.
The Irish Government particularly welcomes candidates from candidates living with disability or candidates from disadvantaged groups in Nigeria.
For more information, visit Irish Aid.
Deadline: December 17, 2019
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme in Human Rights , Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.