HESLB Loans Application 2022/2023 | Student Guidelines For Lending Loans 2022/2023 academic year.
The Higher Education Student Loan Board (HESLB) has announced the guidelines for granting loans and grants for the 2022/2023 academic year as they prepare to extend credit applications for the upcoming academic year.
HESLB Loans Application 2022/2023 Academic Year
HESLB expects to begin applying for higher education loans for the 2022/2023 academic year from June to August 2022, with a two-week period to allow prospective creditors to read the manual carefully and prepare to apply for credit.
In addition, HESLB reminds prospective students to apply for undergraduate credit considering the following:
Have copies of the following certificates certified by Attorneys, Judge
a). Form Four Certificate;
b). Form Six Certificate;
c). Diploma Certificate (Diploma);
d). Birth Certificate
e). Death certificate of parent or parents.
Copies of the certificates (d and e) must be certified by the Registration, Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency (RITA) or the Zanzibar Social Events Registration Agency.
2. In addition, Students with disabilities or parents with disabilities must have letters confirming such disability from the Regional Physician, District or State Health Center;
3. Students who have been funded through their Secondary or Diploma degree should have a certificate of sponsorship from institutions that have funded their studies;
4. All credit applicants are reminded to carefully read the 2022/2023 guide and consider it.
For more information, visit https://olas.heslb.go.tz/index.php/olas/Olas
- To assume responsibility for the control and management of all loanable funds as vested in the Board.
- To formulate the mechanism for determining eligible students for payment of loans.
- To administer and supervise the whole process of payment and repayment of loans
- To keep the register and other records of students loan beneficiaries under the Board
- To advise the Minister on matters of policy and of the law concerning provisions and recovery of loans to students.
- To establish operational links between the Board and higher education institutions with student loan beneficiaries for facilitating a smooth, efficient and effective administration of the loan funds
- To establish operational links with employers of loan beneficiaries for the purpose of facilitating the recovery of the loans granted.
- To establish networking and cooperation links on a mutually beneficial basis with institutions and organizations, be they governmental or non-governmental, local,foreign or international
- To conduct research and maintain a data bank on other local and external scholarships, sponsorships and awards that may be accessed by Tanzanian students in need or in search of opportunities and financial sponsorship or assistance for higher education and/or training.
- To ensure the overall efficient and effective implementation of the provisions of the Act and of any such other written law concerning Government loans and
- To perform such other functions as are conferred upon the Board by or under the Act or any other written laws.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too).