Higher Education Students’ Loans Board HESLB Trainees Voucher Scheme.
On behalf of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, HESLB is currently implementing a five-year Trainees’ Voucher Scheme (TVS), a mini project under the World Bank funded Education and Skills for Productive Jobs (ESPJ) bigger project. The project is set to end in 2021.
TVS is aimed at facilitating young men and women from poor households to access short training programmes, within a year, in local vocational and technical institutions.
- To assume responsibility for the control and management of all loanable funds as vested in the Board.
- To formulate the mechanism for determining eligible students for payment of loans.
- To administer and supervise the whole process of payment and repayment of loans
- To keep the register and other records of students loan beneficiaries under the Board
- To advise the Minister on matters of policy and of the law concerning provisions and recovery of loans to students.
- To establish operational links between the Board and higher education institutions with student loan beneficiaries for facilitating a smooth, efficient and effective administration of the loan funds
- To establish operational links with employers of loan beneficiaries for the purpose of facilitating the recovery of the loans granted.
- To establish networking and cooperation links on a mutually beneficial basis with institutions and organizations, be they governmental or non-governmental, local,foreign or international
- To conduct research and maintain a data bank on other local and external scholarships, sponsorships and awards that may be accessed by Tanzanian students in need or in search of opportunities and financial sponsorship or assistance for higher education and/or training.
- To ensure the overall efficient and effective implementation of the provisions of the Act and of any such other written law concerning Government loans and
- To perform such other functions as are conferred upon the Board by or under the Act or any other written laws.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too).