Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship 2023/2024 in Canada Fully Funded… Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Online Application Form, Requirements, Eligibility, Interview Questions Sample, and Application Deadline 2023.
The Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date 2023.
International Students who want to undertake their Bachelor’s Degree in Canada are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. The scholarship is available for the academic session of 2023.
Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Application Details
Applications are now open for the second cohort of the Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Advanced Scholars from West Africa (QES-AS-WA). The program Wurin ta na yin rubutu – Her own room to Write, which runs until October 2024, is open to West African women in the final stage of their PhD program, postdoctoral researchers, and early career academics affiliated with institutions, to participate in a research acceleration experience.
Wurin ta na yin rubutu – Her own room to write is supported and funded by the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship – Advanced Scholars West Africa program which focuses on Sustainable Development Goal 5 (gender equality) and (gender equality) as a crosscutting or mainstream goal in one or more of the following areas: climate resilience and sustainable food systems; education and innovation systems; ethics in development research; health equity; inclusive governance; and sustainable inclusive growth.
Carleton University’s program is contributed to by Universities Canada, with funding from International Research Development Centre (IDRC) through the Rideau Hall Foundation. The first cohort drew scholars from Cameroon, Ghana, and Nigeria.
- This program is designed to provide an opportunity of between 35 and 180 days in which two-thirds of the time is spent at Carleton University to strengthen research capacity under the supervision of a Carleton University faculty member.
- A third of the time will be committed to gaining field research experience through placement with NGO partners that have offices in Canada and or in West and Central Africa.
- The scholarship provides for research supervision, focused seminars, experiential learning through a research proposal that aligns with the research interests of the placement opportunities (see Placement Partners), leadership, and network building.
Applicants must be;
- Women, and citizens of a West African country: and
- Must be either a Doctoral Researcher, Post-doctoral Researcher, or Early Career Researcher
Upon completion of the research, the QE Scholar will be expected to share the knowledge they have gained with their home institution and community. They are also required to write a Scholar Narrative Report and to join the QES-AS network through Universities Canada. Publications resulting from the QES-AS will be also hosted on the IDRC’s institutional digital library. Scholars will also be required to stay in touch and to contribute to building a growing network of QE Scholars
- This next round of the awards will run between April and October 2024 and is subject to the acquisition of visas by the awardees. The scholars can choose from two award lengths, namely, short-term awards 35-60 days to, and mid-term 61-180 days.
- The scholarship funds cover mobility expenses, accommodation, research placement expenses, and travel and health insurance. Scholars must be registered for their PhD at a West African university; postdoctoral fellows/researchers or early career PhD scholars must be working at a West African university.
How to Apply For Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship
Visit the official website of the Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship below for the application form and other information about the Carleton University Queen Elizabeth Scholarship program.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Wednesday, September 20th, 2023. For more information about the application process, please visit our website. The application package can be found under the application tab. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
For More Information:
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS USING THE SHARE BUTTONS BELOW.