FMxA application | How to apply online.
The full details of FMxA application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the FMxA application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that FMxA application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of FMxA Application Form
Applications are open for the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA) Science by Women Program 2021. The Science by Women program was launched with the aims of promoting African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and fostering the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The program’s ultimate goal is to enable African women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to a knowledge-based and innovation-led economy and thereby in the transformation of people’s daily lives.
The Science by Women program will fund six-month visiting senior research fellowships for experienced African women researchers in different international research centres of excellence based in Spain.
Areas of Research
The preferred areas of research include:
- Health and Bio-medicine
- Energy, Water and Climate Change
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Safety
Successful candidates will have access to the following benefits:
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host institution.
- Living allowance of 2,400 Euros (before taxes) per month to cover accommodation, personal expenses and health and occupational accident insurance coverage. Only Biodonostia offers full boarding accommodation and a living allowance of 1,400 Euros gross.
- The applicant must be a woman.
- Having the nationality of an African country.
- Having a PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience.
- Current contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated above.
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience.
- Solid working knowledge of English.
- Proven experience leading a research group.
Applications will be subjected to a highly competitive selection process by the Women for Africa Foundation’s Scientific Committee. The jury will evaluate the following criteria:
- The candidate’s research career, curriculum vitae and experience as an independent research group leader.
- The project’s scientific-technical quality and innovative potential.
- The expected and measurable economic or social impact of the research project.
- The candidate’s plan to communicate and disseminate the project’s results.
- The proper consideration of ethical issues where appropriate.
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
- Full curriculum vitae (Europass format is Recommended)
- Fully filled form
- A brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages).
For more information, visit Women for Africa Foundation.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the FMxA, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
????Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.