Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition application 2022 | How to apply online.
The full details of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 for Young People in Commonwealth countries (Win a trip to London)
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition Application Form 2022
Applications are open for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022. The competition was launched in Christchurch, New Zealand by the Royal Commonwealth Society’s Vice-Patron HRH The Duchess of Cornwall on the theme ‘Climate Action and the Commonwealth’.
Building upon the 2019 theme of A Connected Commonwealth, this year’s topics draw on the increasing youth movement across the Commonwealth and the ongoing climate crisis. Young people are called upon to consider their position and power in bringing about change, and how the Commonwealth can be used as a tool for positive action. The Final Panel of expert judges described entries to the competition in 2019 as ‘massively memorable’, ‘original’ and ‘very powerful’. The RCS expects a similarly high calibre of writing for 2022.
- Senior Category: Born between July 1, 2002 and June 30, 2006 (14-18 years of age)
- Imagine you are President of one of the Commonwealth’s 31 Small States and you have been invited to give a speech on Climate Change to other Commonwealth leaders, what will you say?
- There is no Planet B: How will Climate Change affect you and your community?
- ‘We will never stop fighting for this planet’ – Greta Thunberg. How can young people make change happen?
- The destruction of the Oceans everyone’s concern.
- Junior Category: Born on or after July 1, 2006 (under 14 years of age)
- Imagine you are Planet Earth, what would you say to Humans?
- A Blue Commonwealth: it is not too late to save our oceans. True or False?
- In 2019, students in more than 100 countries walked out of school to protest climate change. How can young people get their voices heard and make a difference?
- My planet, my place.
- All entrants receive a Certificate of Participation
- One Winner and Runner-up from the Senior and Junior categories will win a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events.
- The QCEC is open to all citizens and residents of the Commonwealth
- Applicants should be aged 18 and under.
- Participants are expected to show originality and flair, linked to sound academic standards and competent use of English as a written language. This includes a good standard of spelling and punctuation, neat presentation and clear hand-writing or word-processing.
- Entries must respond to the topic. Each year a number of good entrants must be disregarded because they do not fully answer/reflect on what the topic has asked them to do.
- Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their response to a topic. Entries can be submitted in a number of different formats: for example, a poem, letter, article, story, essay or a short play/script.
- Illustrations are welcomed, particularly in Junior entries, but they must enhance the written text and add to the overall quality of the entry.
See the Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to submit your essay
For more information, visit Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition.
Deadline: June 30, 2022
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.