Iso Lomso Fellowships application form 2023/2024 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on the Iso Lomso Fellowships application form 2023/2024, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Applyscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Iso Lomso Fellowships Application Instructions 2023/2024
The Iso Lomso Fellowships application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the Iso Lomso Fellowships application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
Iso Lomso Fellowships Application Details 2023/2024
Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow. The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered.
Iso Lomso fellowships provide a three-year attachment to STIAS to enable fellows to develop and conduct a long-term research programme of their preference. The aim is to facilitate and support them towards becoming established scholars in their fields.
To be eligible for the 2024 call, applicants must:
- be a national of any African country;
- be born after the 1st of January 1981;
- have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country, and continue to do so for the foreseeable future;
- have obtained a doctoral degree from any recognized higher education institution (worldwide) after the 1st of January 2016;
- have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research programme;
- be in a position to commence the first period of residency at STIAS in 2025.
Residence at STIAS
A three-year attachment to STIAS during which time you may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research project
Links to sister institutions
The possibility of a residency at a partner institute for advanced study or other research-intensive institution abroad
Funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world
Your own workshop
Support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS or at their home institution
Support for your institution
Lecturer replacement subsidy for your home institution during residency periods
- Shortlisted candidates may be contacted during May 2024 for any additional information that may be required about their proposed projects.
- A final selection will be made by the end of May 2024 and successful candidates will be contacted during June 2024.
- These dates may change and will be updated on this page.
For More Information:
However, if you have queries regarding the Iso Lomso Fellowships Application 2023/2024, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!