Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars application 2022 | How to apply online.
The full details of Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars 2022 for Students and Young professionals (Fully-funded)
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars Application Form
Deadline: January 14, 2022
Applications are open for the Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars 2022. The Hertog Weekend Seminars provide undergraduates, graduate students, and young professionals with the rare opportunity to engage in high-level intellectual discussion and debate on the most influential works in political thought and the most pressing policy issues facing the United States with renowned scholars, leading experts, and a community of peers from across the country.
Not a lecture or a conference, each seminar is centered around in-depth, student-driven dialogue on a set of curated readings. Seminars typically begin on a Friday evening and conclude Sunday afternoon.
- In addition to providing course materials, the Hertog Foundation covers all meals and travel and lodging costs.
- Open to current undergraduates, graduate students, and young professionals interested in moral, social, political, or strategic thought
- Applicants should be under the age of 35
- Applicants are not required to be U.S. citizens, nor are they required to have studied in the U.S.
- International applicants should be highly proficient in the English language, and all application materials, including essays and academic writing samples, must be submitted in English
Admission is extremely competitive, and every year they decline admission to many highly qualified applicants simply due to lack of space. A typical competitive applicant will have:
- For undergraduates, a GPA > 3.5
- Strong letter(s) of recommendation from a professor or another individual who is in a position to comment on the applicant’s academic or professional qualifications
- A statement of purpose that tells us how the applicant’s interests and ambitions relate to the preferred program. The statement of purpose is very important and deserves careful attention.
- A writing sample that demonstrates the applicant’s powers of analysis and independent thought, and not only their ability to do scholarly research or comment on a text.
To complete your application, you will need to submit the following documents (PDF preferred, .doc also accepted):
- CV or résumé
- Unofficial academic transcript from all colleges or universities that you have attended (required only for undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students).
- A statement of purpose: Describe the political questions you find most interesting, your future ambitions, and how these relate to your preferred program(s). (1,000 words or less)
- A writing sample (20 pages maximum, double-spaced)
- A headshot (.jpg preferred)
Please name these files using your last name and the type of document (e.g., Aristotle_resume.pdf or Aristotle_stmt.pdf).
For more information, visit Hertog Weekend Seminars.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Hertog Foundation Weekend Seminars, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.