EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer application | How to apply online.
The full details of EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research Program
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Application Form
Cutting-edge research ranging from engineering to quantitative biology at the shores of Lake Geneva. EPFL offer international bachelor/1st year master’s students eight weeks of lab-immersion during the summer. Join one of the research groups and experience what it means to be part of the thriving science community in Switzerland. Open to students in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bioengineering, bioinformatics, quantitative biology and related fields.
- 20-25 participants each summer
- 8 weeks of lab experience
- Mentoring by faculty and scientific staff
- Access to scientific seminars
- Science related & personal development Friday afternoon workshops
- Closing symposium with poster session or presentations from all participants
- Rich program of social activities, including a day hike to Swiss alps with raclette, BBQs and a few possible excursions to points of interest such as CERN
- be currently enrolled in a university in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or other life sciences related programs
- have a minimum of GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program
- show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences
Length and timing
- 2 months – July 4th to August 26th 2022
- Students must be present during the entire program
- Application deadline – January 31st 2022,
- Please note that you must have your documents and referee details ready to upload when you start to fill out the application. There is no option to save and come back to it. Also, the referees will only receive their link to upload your letter when you submit your application. Please keep this in mind when organizing your application.
- Join on-going research in a lab of the EPFL School of Life Sciences
- Learn new techniques while studying a research topic related to current health issues
- Improve critical thinking and experimental design
- Prepare for future independent research as a graduate student
- Experience the excitement and challenges of scientific research gaining insight into what a research career entails
Stipend, housing and travel costs
- Each student receives CHF 3,200 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students are housed together either in Lausanne or possibly in Geneva depending on lab assignment.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share a kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland is covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances
The selection is based upon
- Your CV (1-2 pages)
- Your motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- The explanation of lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences understanding is essential; previous lab experience is a plus
Please submit your including pdf uploads of all the above mentioned documents. Only applications with the full application material will be taken into consideration.
ATTENTION: Prepare all your documents (CV, Motivation Letter, Lab Explanations, Transcripts) and contact details for your 2 referees (name, institution, and email address) in advance. Once you begin your application, you must finish it in one sitting.
YOU CANNOT SAVE IT and COME BACK.
The online application usually opens each year in mid-November for the following summer.
The annual application deadline is 31st of January.
All applicants will receive an email about four weeks after the deadline with the result of their application.
For More Information:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
????Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.