Rhodes University: PYEI Internship 2023/2024… How to apply, intern requirements, eligibility, online application form, application closing date 2023-2024, salary scale, interview questions sample, and lots.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Rhodes University: PYEI Internship Programme 2023. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. An internship is used for a wide range of placements in businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. They are typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field.
Rhodes University: PYEI Internship Application Details 2023/2024
Interested applicants can apply for the Rhodes University: PYEI Internship 2023 provided they qualify and meet the program requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
Rhodes University: PYEI Internship Programme 2023
The Department of Higher Education and Training has allocated 150 unemployed university graduates to Rhodes University as part of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI).
Youth between the ages of 18 and 35, who are currently unemployed, not studying full time, nor receiving any form of a government grant (including NSFAS) are invited to apply. Candidates selected for placement will have an opportunity to receive on the job training on various skills that will equip them for future employment opportunities.
Fields of study:
For a full list of degree and subjects required click this link: Degree and Subjects Required
- Accounting / Management
- Economics related subjects
- International studies,
- Social Sciences
- Media Studies or Journalism
- Sports admin,
- Project management
- Thesis work in the Electron Microscopy Unit
- Marine Biology
- Water Resources.
- Writing, Grammar,
- MS Office Suite
- Commerce, Business, Commercial Law
- Social Sciences
- Computer science
- ICT, Education
- African vertebrate biology/Zoology
- Only interns that successfully obtained a degree at a University would be considered.
- Applicants should be South African citizens,
- Must be unemployed and between ages 18-35.
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of R5 000.00 per month.
- Only interns residing in Makhanda will be considered.
- The internship will be for six months.
- It is expected that interns will be deployed full time to support the transfer of work-related skills and competencies during the intern period. This indicates a full working day over the six months.
The starting date of the internship will be either April, May or June and will be discussed during the interview. Please note that the recruitment and placement of Graduate Interns will be done in line with all Rhodes University’s policies and protocols.
To work in the university environment, you must:
- Have an excellent ability to work with people and within groups
- Have good communication skills,
- Be a good listener,
- Be interested in serving the university community.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!