North-West University Internships 2023/2024… How to apply, intern requirements, eligibility, online application form, application closing date 2023-2024, salary scale, interview questions sample, and lots.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the North-West University Internship Programme 2023. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. An internship is used for a wide range of placements in businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. They are typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field.
North-West University Internship Application Details 2023/2024
Interested applicants can apply for the North-West University Internship 2023 provided they qualify and meet the program requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.This position is an internship for an individual aspiring to embark on a career as Research Psychologist. This position can be utilised to comply with the requirements as outlined by the Professional Board for Psychology (HPCSA), Form 107. This position will prepare the individual for a wide variety of possible scenarios within a research environment where a transdisciplinary approach is taken towards project planning, data gathering, dissemination and development for non-clinical interventions
- Proof of registration as MA / MSc student in Research Psychology.
- Proof that the Masters study is at an advanced stage(e.g. taught modules completed and or research dissertation in advanced stage )
- Valid driver’s license.
- Research and Project Management.
- Understanding Project Terms of Reference (ToR) and the writing of a research proposal including the project budget.
- Literature Review.
- Data Gathering (design study; adapt and develop data gathering instruments; undertake pilot study; fieldwork).
- Data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Dissemination of results.
- Research Ethics and applied Ethics whilst conducting research.
- Proficient in literature review, different research approaches / designs, (Qualitative and Quantitative), data analysis and interpretation (Qualitative & Quantitative) ensuring rigor in research (Quantitative and Qualitative).
- Relevant knowledge of legislation on ethics and basic project management.
- Computer literate, efficient in language skills in Afrikaans, English and Setswana will be an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomous, in a group or as an individual.
- Ability to use e-media for the purpose of communication, workshop presentations and research.
- Acceptable knowledge of student life cycle and matters pertaining to academics and qualifications.
- Excellent time management, ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, ability to adapt to various settings and adjust behavior accordingly, excellent inter-personal and intra-personal relations, high level of coping and stress management, team player, willing to accommodate the unit for the greater good.
- Master’s degree in Research Psychology
- 1 year of Involvement in research project conceptualization, data gathering, and analysis.
- 1-year project management (including management of funds).
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!