MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, MS TCDC Measurement of Development and Social Change Course.
THE COURSE STRIVES TO IMPROVE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF DEVELOPMENT ACTIVISM FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE AND HELP LEARNERS UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CAN INFLUENCE CHANGE IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
Inspired by the sustainable development goals – commonly known as global agenda 2030, this two weeks course introduces participants to data for development, global data pressure and local statistics capacity to march current and emerging trends – tools, methods and practices in development measurements.
What you will learn – the key topics
- Introduction to Sustainable Development and social change
- Economic, social and environmental dimensions to sustainable development
- How the global development agenda interacts with national development priorities
- Domestic political context and its effects on international cooperation
- The nature of social change, causal effects and how to measure them
- Methods and indicators for monitoring and measuring sustainable development
- Complexity of methods and tools in local and global statistical approaches
- Data for development, global data pressure and local statistics capacity
The course has been crafted for seasoned development practitioners, policy makers and leaders in public and NGO sectors.