Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary 2022 for South Africans | How to apply for Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) bursaries program online, application form pdf download, requirements, eligibility, and Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) bursary application closing date 2022-2022.
Are you a student looking for Companies that offer Bursaries in South Africa? The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) invites an application from suitable and qualified students for their bursary program 2022-2023 academic year.
Overview of IDC Bursary Program
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for a bursary.
Let’s dive into the full information about Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) bursaries and application details for 2022.
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary Application Details 2022-2023
Bursaries will be awarded to learners who are academically talented but lack funding to pursue higher education. The bursary will be awarded for studies in fields which are directly related to industry, including:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Financial Engineering
- Geology (leading to BTech at University of Technology)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
Science & Applied Commercial Science:
- Accounting (CA BCom)
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Financial Engineering
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Investment Management
- Information Technology
- Quantitative Finance
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Commercial Law (BCom)
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)
- Law (Postgraduate Diploma)
NB. Bursaries will NOT be awarded for any other fields of study than the fields listed above.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in South Africa
- You must be under 25 years of age
- You must have completed Matric OR must currently be in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University, University of Technology or TVET College in South Africa (studies at private institutes are not covered)
- You must have achieved a minimum “B” symbol / 75% for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall “C” symbol/ 65% average, if currently studying
- You must have passed all courses registered for, if currently studying
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding from a bursary or employer
- You must have proven financial need – based on total household income
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to students residing in rural communities areas
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation, meals, a laptop and an allowance.
IDC bursaries are awarded for 1 year of study at a time and are renewable each year, subject to submission of a progress report from the institution. Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for IDC for an amount of time equal to that of their bursary awarded.
However, if you have queries regarding the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) bursary application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!