Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2024/2025: The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) is accepting applications from students for the 2024/2025 academic year. The Global UGRAD program provides a non-degree undergraduate study abroad opportunity in the United States on a competitive basis to university students.
Under the Global UGRAD program, a one-semester scholarship is provided to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
- Scholarship to be taken in: USA
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Nationality: See eligible countries
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2024/2025 | DETAILS
Eligibility Criteria: This program is aimed mainly at Non-U.S. Citizens living outside the US, to be eligible applicants must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program
- Have completed secondary education in their home country
- Have a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible)
- Be able to begin studies in the United States in 2024 (selected participants may not defer to a later date)
- Be eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program
- Be cleared by a physician to participate in the program
- Be committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, North Macedonia, Palestinian Territories (West Bank and Gaza), Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2023/24 are to apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Fulbright Commission in their home country.