Weston Family Awards in Northern Research application 2022/2023 | How to apply online.
The full details of Weston Family Awards in Northern Research application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply online, closing date, and other opportunities links for Tanzanians is published here on Tzscholars.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Weston Family Awards in Northern Research 2022/2023 for Young Scientists in Canada
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the Weston Family Awards in Northern Research application form deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Weston Family Awards in Northern Research application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Weston Family Awards in Northern Research Application Form 2022/2023
Applications for the Weston Family Awards in Northern Research 2022/2023 are now being accepted. Since 2007, The Weston Family Awards in Northern Research (previously The W. Garfield Weston Awards in Northern Research) have provided unparalleled support to young scientists in Canada pursuing research in Canada’s North.
Funded by The W. Garfield Weston Foundation, these annual awards are some of the most prestigious in the country for students pursuing a master’s degree, PhD or postdoctoral fellowship. Over 270 early-career researchers have been selected to receive an award since the program’s inception, forming a community of Weston Family Northern Scientists who are at the forefront of northern scholarship and who are helping shape a better future for Canada and the world.
Weston Family Award winners undertake research projects across a broad spectrum of fields and disciplines in the natural sciences, including studies of northern ecosystems, biodiversity, flora and fauna, meteorology, oceanography, glaciology, geography and environmental studies.
In the 2022/2023 program year, The W. Garfield Weston Foundation will support:
- Up to fifteen (15) awards for master’s level students. Each award is valued at $15,000 over one (1) year.
- Up to ten (10) awards for doctoral students. Each award is valued at $50,000 over two (2) years.
- Up to four (4) awards for postdoctoral fellows. Each award is valued at $100,000 over two (2) years + up to $10,000 per year for travel and conference expenses, with funding in the second year contingent upon acceptable progress in the proposed area of research in the first year.
- Open to Master’s and Doctoral-level students as well as postdoctoral fellows who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and who are in the natural sciences undertaking or planning to undertake research in Canada’s North.
Deadline: January 20, 2022
For more information, see FAQs or visit Weston Family Awards.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Weston Family Awards in Northern Research, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Be social by sharing this post with others using the sharing buttons below.