The Australian Government, in partnership with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, is now granting the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for international students from the Pacific who plan to start their studies in 2024. This program provides eligible students with a fantastic opportunity to pursue fully funded education in Australia.
The Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships aim to empower individuals by equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to positively impact their home country’s development. The scholarship is mostly designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Host Institution(s): Pacific tertiary institutions
- Generally, entitlements cover a return airfare from your home country to the country of study,
- Academic and other compulsory fees,
- An establishment allowance and
- A living allowance paid fortnightly.
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships 2024:
- Must be a citizen and resident of a participating country.
- Must not have permanent residence in Australia.
- Must not be married or engaged to an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident (unless from Cook Islands, Niue, or Tokelau).
- Must meet specific eligibility set by your country’s government.
- Must meet the host government’s immigration requirements for regional students.
- Must not hold another scholarship during the scholarship period.
- Must not be transferring from another scholarship.
- Must not have held an Australian Government scholarship in the last two years.
Eligible countries include the Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Wallis and Futuna.
Application Procedure for Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships 2024 (How to apply);
Before applying for Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships, applicants must first ensure they meet the specific eligibility criteria set by their government, which is based on the applicant’s country of citizenship. Once these criteria are met, applicants can proceed to submit their applications online for this scholarship opportunity.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information visit the official website